What are the most common lies told by programmers?
- This is hacky, but I’ll fix it soon.
- This task will be easy.
- I’m almost done.
- If there’s a bug, it can’t possibly be in my code.
- I’ll add the Unit Test case in the next release.
- I’ll comment and document my code later.
- It’s not a bug, it’s a feature.
- I will finish it by evening it’s almost done.
- Works on my machine
- It’s 90% done
- I’m deeply investigating requirements. Will start development soon.
- It’s just a temporary solution, it won’t be used in production.
- I’ll add it to the TODO list
- I think its a browser issue.
actually this a quora’s wiki answer, i thought it would be cool to post here.